This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of LifeLock Linkedin for SocialSpark. All opinions are 100% mine.
It’s hard to imagine the possibility of having your identity stolen. Aside from the hassle of getting your identity back into security- imagine the potential breach of so much personal and sensitive information! The world has gone online- from connecting with friends to banking- so much of “you” is online; you have to be certain you’re secure.
LifeLock can help protect you against more than just credit fraud, it alert you whenever it detect your personal information being used to apply for wireless services, retail credit, utilities, and mortgage loans within its extensive network. If you become a victim of identity theft while you are a LifeLock member it will spend up to $1 million to hire experts, lawyers, investigators, consultants and whoever else it takes to help your recovery. Restrictions Apply.
Introducing LifeLock, today’s leader in the world of identity theft protection and information. LifeLock provides its customers with top of the line identity theft protection through a suite of services backed by state-of-the-art technology. In addition, LifeLock provides information on all aspects of identity theft and threats.Identity theft is the fastest growing crime in the U.S., with over nine million victims each year, below are some figures :-
• Households earning $100k + per year have the highest identity fraud rate at 7.4%
• The average cost per person of having identities stolen is $1,513
• 11.6 million adults were victims of identity fraud in 2011 and a total of $18 billion was lost.
Alarming stats for social media/ smartphone users that have experience identity fraud:
• 6.6% of victims are smartphone owners
• 6.8% of victims are social media users who click on the applications
• 8.2% of victims are social media users who have “checked in” using their smartphone GPS
• 10.1% of victims are LinkedIn users
How hack-friendly is your password?
Do you know how fast a professional hacker can breach your password security?
• If you have 6 characters in your password with no symbol, it only takes a professional .000224 seconds
• If you have 10 characters and one symbol in your password, it takes up to 20 days for a professional to break in.
• What would this mean to your online banking, personal information and overall privacy?
Are you alarmed by the stats listed? Ask your readers if they feel protected against identity theft.
We recommend identity theft protection services that monitor several different types of information for fraudulent activity, including your credit reports, public records, and black market websites where stolen information is bought and sold. Identity thieves can strike in numerous ways, so the more protection you have, the better. You can also join LifeLock on Linkedin for better intraction and present your views and suggestion.